Grand Hotel Français - Day Trips
Place de la Nation
Louis XIV will make his triumphal entry into Paris passinbg by the Throne Square, which will have that name from 1660 to 1680. It is called Reverse-throne Square during the Revolution. The City of Paris will install the guillotine after the complaint of the inhabitants of the Rue Saint-Honore, who did not want to see the carts of the condemned in their windows.
Place de la Bastille
The current Place de la Bastille was founded in 1803 ... the location of the fortress of the Bastille fell July 14, 1789. In 1989 the bicentenary of the revolution was inaugurated Bastille Opera and now the Mecca of Parisian night where plenty of restaurants, lively pubs with music and dance venues ...!
Place des Vosges
The Place des Vosges was named Place Royale in the original, then Place of Federated, August 19, 1792; Place indivisibility, July 4, 1793, Place des Vosges, 26 Fructidor VIII Place Royale, 27 April 1814, Place des Vosges, March 14, 1848, and Place Royale, 1852-1870. The area north of the garden, called Rue des Vosges, by arr. Pref. 22 January 1862, was again held in place by the district. Pref. 26 December 1893. The garden in the middle of the square was created in 1866. Origin of name: Given in the year VIII because the Vosges department had been the first to pay all of its contributions. Victor Hugo resided nearly 16 years at No. 6 Place des Vosges. Today the fashion district of Paris where you can rub top designers.
Pere Lachaise Cemetery
The Pere Lachaise Cemetery is the most famous and largest cemetery in the capital. Located in the 20th arrondissement, it now covers an area of 44 hectares .... Originally, the estate had been bought by the Jesuits in the seventeenth century to make it a place of convalescence. It was especially by François d'Aix de la Chaise, said "The Father La Chaise, confessor of Louis XIV. The brother of Father La Chaise was subsequently enlarge the field before having to sell it to pay a debt. First abandoned, the gardens were later purchased by the Prefect of the Seine in eighteenth century.
In the nineteenth century, under the leadership of Consul Napoleon Bonaparte, several new cemeteries were established to mitigate the lack of intramural burials: the cemetery of Montmartre and Montparnasse were built along the outside of the city. In 1803, the Prefect of Paris who asked the architect Brongniart transform the area that became the cemetery east of the city. The cemetery was officially opened on 21 May 1804 with the first burial.
At the heart of the site, the famous' Wall, marked the 147 Commune fighters were shot in 1871 against the wall, represents the symbol of the struggle for ideas and for freedom.
Over the green path, you will come across the graves of famous men and women based in the cemetery. Here are some names: Honore de Balzac, Guillaume Apollinaire, Frederic Chopin, Colette, Jean-Francois Champollion, Jean de La Fontaine, Molière, Yves Montand, Simone Signoret, Jim Morrison, Alfred, Edith Piaf, Camille Pissarro, Oscar Wilde .
Trendy neighborhood of the capital, is the favorite haunt of parisian "bobos" . Truly festive and relaxed atmosphere of this district will charm you ... During the day and evening, the Marais is constantly crowded, there is always something to do, a walk, go shopping or enjoy the spectacle of the street, sitting on a terrace.
Young, old, Parisians and foreigners stroll through the lively streets and pleasant. It's a real pleasure .... all worlds come together.
Bercy is the largest performance venue in France and has, inside and outside, several doors identified as follows:
Away: Main entrance, gate 27, is 35/36; gate 38.
Inside, in the ambulatory (aisle device), an alphabetical letter (A to Z) is assigned to each of the entrances to the room.